Monday, April 11, 2011

I've Been a Very Bad Blogger

It does not seem like it has been that long since I made that Nutella Sandwich. Nearly two months with no posts. I guess I've been very preoccupied with work. It has been a great semester so far with the Trinity Bands, and we are looking forward to competing at the upcoming spring festivals. UIL was a great accomplishment this year - we were the only school in Keller to get Sweepstakes with both of our bands. Looking back to where we were five years ago, neither of us thought this would ever be possible. It is so gratifying to know all of the hard work, late nights, weekends, and rivers of tears has finally paid off. I've never had so much fun teaching band! We will be submitting our top band in the TMEA Honor Band process this year for the first time. I am working to get a good recording of my group to submit to the Mark of Excellence National Wind Band Honors Project, too. I am having a blast working on their music with them - it is the first time I feel like we can really make music. A few days before UIL they actually brought me to tears - I just couldn't believe that our little 7th grade peanuts could sound so good!! I am so crazy proud of them. I've got to learn how to post recordings so I can share them with you.

I made this recipe for Mediterranean Salmon Salad at some point in the last few months. I LOVED it. It was very light and fresh, with the bright flavors of lemon juice and kalamata olives. A little feta on top made it perfect. This recipe had a lot of my favorite things in it: salmon, olives, feta, and red bell pepper. I will most definitely be making this dish again soon. If you are looking for a light lunch with the flavors of spring, look no further!

0 comments: