Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sarah, This Blog is For You!

I was told that I didn't update my blog with enough pictures and life details. So in an effort to keep you better informed on my very uninteresting life, here is a day with me:



Here I am on my way to work this morning before the sun came up. I walked outside and it felt awesome!!! Finally a cool morning. I was really pumped about it so I put my favorite tunes on the iPod and headed to work.




This is our note review during the oboe class!




Trying to get the oboe in tune. This is not an easy task for a 6th grader, hence the funny face I'm making. We got there though.......




Trying to play the french horn during Dean's band. I am finally getting to live my dream of being a horn player!!!! And Dean, I apologize again for all of the wrong notes today.




This was my lunch today. That diet root beer always makes my afternoon better!




Here I am being "dj" during concert band. We have the kids in this class play their unison songs to a cool beat from our fancy keyboard. It's the only way we can get through class - well, that and lots of inside jokes that fly right over the heads of this group. This is definitely a class we have to keep a sense of humor in.




Here is Dean jammin' out after all of our classes were over. Thank goodness for last period conference time.




Learning how to play a fork F in oboe sectionals. It's a amazing how good our oboe students are - this guy doesn't even need a reed! And he's super excited about me showing him how to play a note he learned last year!




Driving to Subway for a quick dinner before Meet the Teacher night. It was such a pretty day that I had to drive with the window down and with my favorite tunes pumping, of course.

And that is my day in a nutshell. Only difference is tomorrow I will teach clarinet lessons until 7, Thursday I'll go to the gym after sectionals, and Friday I'll drive to Pittsburg for the reunion. So you see Sarah, I don't update my blog as much because I do the same thing every day. I'll try to do better, though. And take more pictures so it is more entertaining. I just don't have cute kids to take pictures of like Natasha, and it's hard to take pictures while you are trying to teach. Maybe we will have lots of photo opportunities this weekend to post! Love ya Sarah!

2 comments:

fw-wwp said...

What a treat to my morning. I LOVE catching up on what is going on with you. And, the pictures are so great that I am now going to find my i-pod and a can of a&w! Wish that I had you as a teacher! See ya Fri.

Suzanne said...

Ok, this blog made me laugh- especially the part with the oboe kid without a reed :) For the record, one of my clarinet students told me today that I never taught her thumb "f". Yeah- that wasn't the second note we ever learned or anything. . .