Thursday, September 6, 2007

Things Are Going Well.....

No, really, they are. For once. Things are finally looking up. Being settled into the new house is great and it's nice to have Natasha right down the road. It's great being able to hang out with friends and then be home in 1 minute! School is going really well, too. It feels like the days are shorter this year than the last few years have been. Maybe it's because I don't dread going to work anymore! I don't absolutely love it yet, but I surely don't dread it like I did last year. The only big problem that we've had so far is an inordinate amount of parents telling us that they were in band in high school and that they were just going to have their kids do exactly what they did. They haven't touched an instrument in 15 years, but they're going to teach their kid how to play it better than us and give them better information than what we can give them. Sure. Sounds great. If all it takes to do my job is simply being in the high school band in the 80's, then I am WAY over qualified for my job. Every time one of them talks to me like I'm a moron and tells me how much they know about running a band program, I just want to say, "Look, I've flown on many planes in my lifetime. However, I am in no way qualified to fly the plane. STOP TRYING TO FLY MY PLANE!!!" Parents are one of the few things I hate about teaching. (Not all of them. There are a lot of good ones that are very supportive and very helpful. We just rarely hear from them.) But all in all, things are so much better now. Natasha and I are gearing up for a garage sale this weekend, so if anyone needs any gently used stuff, please stop by!!!

0 comments: