Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Projects

I've been trying very hard to make sure that I get a chance every weekend to create stuff. I think it helps me to stay sane during the week. This weekend I made some goodies for the guys at work. They put up with me so the least I can do is make them some sweet treats.

Today I started with homemade marshmallows from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. This was absolutely the most ooey-gooey sticky thing I've ever made! It was really easy, just super sticky. After letting them set up all day, I cut them into squares and dipped them in chocolate. I mustered all the self control I had and only ate one! They were delicious! (If you are interested in trying this recipe let me know and I will give you some tips I picked up to cut down on the sticky mess!)


Next up was a recipe I found on Bakerella for Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies. The recipe called for a huge batch of cream cheese frosting and I knew that I would have a ton extra, so I decided to make a double batch. And what goes with cream cheese frosting better than carrot cake? Not much. These things were super easy, too. I only tried half of one of the carrot cake cookies and I thought it was good. It is very reminiscent of a Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie. Hopefully my taste testers will let me know the taste verdict.


Packaging the goodies is just as much fun to me as the baking! I hope everyone enjoys the goodies!


I have more Valentine goody projects lined up for later in the week and next weekend. Hopefully I will have more pictures to share in a few days.

0 comments: