Saturday, May 24, 2008

Everything is Better in Austin

When Natasha and I were in Austin last week we went to the downtown Whole Foods twice. It was so awesome!!!! It was huge. Everything about that place was a kadrillion times better than the Central Markets in Ft. Worth and Southlake. I can't even describe it - it was just awesome. I decided last weekend that I would go to the one in Arlington this weekend to grocery shop. Huge let down. It was (not surprisingly) a lot smaller and a lot less impressive. I didn't have all the cool fancy desserts, the huge coffee bar, the aisles and aisles of fun stuff. My local Central Markets have a lot more choices in every arena. It was a very anticlimactic trip. Perhaps I'm idealizing Austin, but I really love that place and want to live there. The January trip was awesome, the May trip was awesome, and I'm sure that all trips that follow will be awesome!

Random thoughts:
-The people that live across the street from me are always in their garage. I don't get it. They've been living in a brand new house for 6 months, yet the spend most of their time in their garage. They have a middle school aged little girl that comes over to ring my doorbell after she sees me come home and invites me to hang out in their garage. I have spent a lot of time decorating the inside of my house so I didn't have to hang out in my garage. I'm very perplexed by this.
-I can't believe the school year is almost over, yet I can't believe that we still have a week and half let of school.
-I really thought I had more random thoughts to share, but I don't!

0 comments: