Sunday, May 11, 2008

Feeling Accomplished

Now that I've got all of the stress of the year behind me, I've spent most of the weekend reflecting on the school year. I wouldn't say that this last semester has been easy. I've never poured so much of my energy and heart and soul into something as much as I have over the past year. I guess all the anxiety I felt was because I thought that not succeeding would cause all of that spent energy to be in vain. I feel a real sense of accomplishment after the past week. I'm really glad that I didn't let the kids down and that they were able to feel the same sense of accomplishment. I finally feel like 'yes, I can do it; yes, I have done it'. Instead of feeling like I have to prove myself to 20 different people, I feel like I have proven myself. I feel like I have jumped over a big career hurdle last week. I finally feel like I'm on the right track and I can take it to the next level next year. And really, we kinda did this by ourselves. That's what is so rewarding, I think. I guess I'm just so pumped that we ACTUALLY did this. We were ACTUALLY successful. Not that I doubted myself, but I felt like I've been walking through the dark for two years and now I've found the light! I can see the future a little better now. I can see (and I truly hope) that this is the start of something great. This really must be what new moms feel like because despite all of the sleepless nights, the anxiety, the tears, and the worry - I want more.

0 comments: