Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Year Later....Things Are Looking Up

I wrote this blog a year ago on May 8th, 2007. I remember thinking things couldn't get worse. I don't really think they did, but it seems like I had another set of problems to deal with over the past year. I makes me wonder if I'll ever be satisfied. Is it that I can't get no satisfaction or is it that I'm always striving to make things better? I guess I need to continue to strive, but maybe be a little more content with my life in the process. Here's how things were going a year ago:

I'm officially sick of my apartment, so I'm having a festivus to air all of the grievances I have against the Hidden Lakes Apartments at 5333 Fossil Creek Blvd. There are so many grievances that I will have to make this into a series of blogs.

1. There is a very bright light right outside of my bedroom window that is impossible to turn off. Update: My room is now very, very dark!
2. The apartment above me is apparently reserved for sorority party girl college drop outs. (see several of the following grievances for these particular tennants)
3. The girl upstairs usually has one extremely loud verbal altercation with her fraternety party college drop out boyfriend once a week. It usually consists of her screaming, "WHY? WHY? WHY DO YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS?? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME??" Get a clue and dump him, ya retard.
4. The girl upstairs has a dog that barks incessantly, day and night. I've awaken in the dead of night to this stupid dog a countless number of times. I hate it. I want to smoosh its stupid face every time I see it.
5. The girl upstairs comes home from parties with other college drop out friends in the middle of the week, in the middle of the night, acting like stupid drunk college sorority chicks, all the while her stupid college drop out dog is barking like a maniac.
*****I hate the girl that lives upstairs. I hate her stupid dog, too. Moral of the story - don't drop out of college.*****
6. The guy that lives next door to me likes to play his guitar at night while I'm trying to sleep. Update: I have not been awaken ONCE from loud noises, loud people, or loud dogs ever since I've lived in my house. It is quiet here. Ahhhh.
7. For the past three Saturdays, I've been awaken between 4:45am and 6:00am to this same guys alarm radio that is playing tejano music so loud that I swear he's trying to raise the dead. This guy's not even tejano. He's white and nerdy.
8. I'm tired of people parking in the spot that I pay for. Update: Having a garage is awesome!
9. I tried to open my fridge the other day and the handle ripped right off. Update: New fridges made from quality materials are awesome, too!
10. There is a frog that lives in a drain pipe in front of my parking spot and it ribbits very loudly at night while I'm trying to sleep. Update: No frogs, just crickets.
As a continuation of my previous blog, I would like to continue to air more of my grievances against Hidden Lakes Apartments and the residents of building 7.
11. I'm sick of having to roll down my window in tornadic weather to punch in my gate code.
12. I'm tired of getting my mail from the little building at the front.
13. I'm tired of paying for other people's water. Update: My water bill is a fraction of what it was in the apartment, even with the sprinklers!
14. I'm still tired of the stupid dog upstairs!!!!!!!!! It woke me up at 3:30am once last week and I listened to it bark until the alarm went off at 5.
15. I don't really have any water pressure in my shower.
16. I'm tired of walking up the stairs. I'm not against exercise, but I am against walking up stairs when I'm tipsy or tired or both. Update: It's nice not to have to carry several bags of groceries up two flights of stairs in the rain. Again - garages are awesome!
17. I'm tired of my 20 minute commute. (also see #18 for other reasons I hate my commute.)
18. I'm tired of the bad part of the Old Denton Road that has pot holes the size of moon craters. My alternative is the stupid unnessarily curvy ass part of extreme North Beach/Ray White for two feet/Alta Vista Rd that is an oil top nightmare, only to culminate into a major traffic jam thanks to the City of Ft. Worth that decided to let developers build 5,000 houses in two square miles before they widened the road. It makes every morning a test my wills. Update: The commute is MUCH shorter now, but Old Denton is in worse condition now. Luckily I only have to drive on it for about a half mile now. The traffic is still awful by the school because the City of Ft. Worth still hasn't widen it yet. They started the process a few weeks ago.

I guess looking back over the last year a lot of things have gotten better. This year has been no cake walk - just different battles to fight. The last two days were spent at band contest and both days went better than I could have hoped. It feels so good to have experienced this success after all of the pain and stress of the past four months. This must be what it feels like right after you have baby - you're so happy to see it that you forget about the pregnancy and labor pain! That's how I feel right now. I only have to work two days next week and then Natasha and I are off to shop til we drop in Austin and San Marcos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


0 comments: