Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vintage Alanis

I don't want to be the bandage if the wound is not mine....
....I don't want to be your babysitter
You're a very big boy now
I don't want to be your mother
I didn't carry you in my womb for nine months.....
....I don't want to be the glue that holds your pieces together.....

Do I wear you out
You must wonder why I'm relentless and all strung out
I'm consumed by the chill of solitary
I'm like Estella
I like to reel it in and then spit it out
I'm frustrated by your apathy

No sentimental value to the rose tat fell on your floor
No fundamental excuse for the granted I'm taken for......
There's an obvious attraction
To the path of least resistance in your life
There's an obvious aversion no amount of my insistance
could make you try tonight.....
And what goes around never comes around to you

I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm hear but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry, baby

She will always be able to say it better than me.

0 comments: