Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fairy Tales From TAKS Land

Let's chalk it up to me being super pms-y and just generally out of patience due to the end of the school year approaching, but I think I've met my 08-09 quota of kids doing stupid things. Today I had to monitor the lunch line during the TAKS test. During TAKS, the kids usually only have one choice of meal: a corndog. Well, today they got two choices: a corndog or a grilled cheese. The students can clearly see their choices through the glass covering the buffett. I can't tell you how many times kids would come through the line and say, "I'll have the pizza". What pizza? Do you see a freakin' piece of pizza ANYWHERE in the cafeteria? One kid asked for the eggroll. Where do see this alleged eggroll? The cafeteria ladies were so sweet to these kids and would say very nicely, "We don't have pizza today, sweetheart. Would you like a corny doy or a grilled cheese?" After the seventh kid asked for pizza, I started asking the kids, "Where do you see pizza?" Perhaps they were delusion from the TAKS test and starting hallucinating pieces of pizza. I know I was.....I just starting seeing mixed drinks everywhere. "I'll have the pina colada."

I don't have the patience to type anymore to tell you about the kid that Kai caught playing his gameboy on the crapper.......

0 comments: