Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life After UIL

Ahhhhhh - the contentment of having UIL over with is a feeling I haven't experienced since I finished grad school. It's been such a relief. I'm sure it feels so good since we were successful. It feels great to finally have this sort of validation. I know there were people waiting for us to fall on our faces three years ago when we opened the school, which for us added another layer pressure just wanting so bad to prove everyone wrong. It hasn't been easy and it hasn't always been fun, but bringing home two Sweepstakes trophies made it all worth it this week.

And so there is life after UIL! I was about to write this blog and say that I haven't been this happy in years, and then my mom called to let me know my sister is probably going to have her baby tomorrow and I won't get to go see them until Thursday if I'm lucky. So now I'm not so happy, but I had a great weekend getting to do all the things I don't usually have the time or the energy to do. I've had a lot of fun making jewelry. Here are a few of the things I made this weekend:



This picture is totally blurry because my camera is a piece of junk, but these little charms are really cute. I can't wait to wear them this week. I'm looking forward to more free weekends, less stress, and only eight more weeks of school!!

0 comments: