Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Did anyone else ever see that movie back in the 80's? My dad let us watch it one summer without my mother knowing. Well, she didn't know until Vicki dropped an F bomb in front of my parents and their friends one night while she was re-enacting one of the scenes. My dad got in trouble. I mean Vicki was like 6. She didn't need to be watching that stuff.....nor did I, really.....

Anyway - I'm going to pick up Abigail from Vicki today. I haven't kept her by herself since last summer. A year ago she was still in her cute, cuddly little toddler phase when she wanted to give everyone a hug. She's still cute but she is SASSY! She is all drama, all the time. So this little visit should be interesting. I'm excited to get to see her one-on-one. Last time she was here she was with my mom and she wouldn't even let me LOOK at her if Gram was around. I would try to fix her hair and she'd say, "NO! I want Gram to fix my hair!" I would try to make her mac and cheese and she'd say, "NO! I want Gram to make my mac and cheese!" I would try to take her potty and she'd say, "NO! I want Gram to take me potty!" So maybe I'll actually get to play with her since Gram won't be here. Maybe I'll have some pictures to post instead of my boring stories!

0 comments: