Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Blog of Summer!

Hard to believe that I just finished my third year at Trinity Springs. It's been a roller coaster ride of emotional, mental, and physical stamina. Last week I was ready for a career change. Maybe I still am, but that decision will be made at another time and I will reflect on that in another blog. Today was way more emotional than I expected last day to be, both good and bad, and I need to be emotionally removed from the year before I start making life altering decisions. One thing I do know is that there need to be some major changes in my life.

On to lighter topics! I'm so excited for summer. I'm very much looking forward to being home. I have so many things I want to do this summer. Really, I just want to enjoy a creative process. Anything that gets the creative juices flowing. I'm going to redecorate my room which will require me to paint again. I will be working on some necklaces that I was inspired to make after my trip to Austin. I have an idea for creatively cataloging all the pictures I have sitting in shoe boxes. I have at least a half a dozen recipes I want to try. I will be taking cake decorating classes! I am looking forward to catching up with friends. I am looking forward to hanging out with new friends. I am turning 30. So, I've got plenty to do. I'm just ready to get reacquainted with myself, and maybe find parts of me I feel I've lost along this journey in "the real world."

Quick Story with my trademark sarcasm:
As I checked out at Target today, the little debit card swiper thing asked me if I wanted the entire amount on my card. I was thinking, duh, that's why I swiped it. I mean if I had said no would it have given me a screen that said: No problem - Target would be happy to pay for part of your purchase. Please enter the amount that you would like Target to contribute to your purchase today. I wanted to bargain with it......like, ok, I'll pay for the coffee if you'll pay for the creamer and hair conditioner. I'm totally going to do it next time - just for funsies.

0 comments: