Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today's Theme: Multiple Meltdowns

I am currently having a meltdown on many figurative and literal levels.

-It's 3:30, it's 106 degrees, and it's only June. Running around trying to get my data retrieved instead of sitting in a tub of ice.

-Apple people told me that they would be able to find my data on my pc and transfer it to my mac. Then today they said they can't do it. Sent me to a computer place in west Ft. Worth that I couldn't find because it has been closed for 6 months. Thanks Apple dudes. I'm trying to focus my computer anger towards Bill Gates right now, so I don't have the time or energy to be angry at two different types of computers. If I have lost three years worth of music and pictures, Bill Gates better run. No amount of chocolate and wine and is going to be able to console me. I mean, who backs up, really? (I know, I know, I've learned my lesson). I'm not amused by feeling this helpless.

-I'm turning 30 in less than a month. I can't decide if I'm ready to have my 20's and all of it's turmoil behind me, or if I'm going to mourn the the loss of an age when indecisiveness was acceptable because you're still "finding yourself". I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about it. Kinda can't believe I'm this old. I don't feel it. I guess that's good, right? I mean, it's going to happen. It's not like I can stop it now! Guess I just need to buckle up and enjoy the ride.

On the plus side today, I had a fun lunch at the Spiral Diner with Tara and I still have my health, my house, my friends, and my job. And if you know of a good computer repair service, please let me know.

2 comments:

Matt said...

what happened to your computer?

Jennifer A. said...

Sorry about your computer troubles. But I like the new blog stylings. Pretty!