Monday, March 8, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

I've had some students say some pretty funny stuff over the last few weeks and I wanted to share the laughs with everyone:

Me: What's the opposite of crescendo?
Kid: Uncrescendo?

*******

After giving a rather detailed lecture over what an accidental is, I ask the class, "Ok, so who can tell me what an accidental is?"
Kid: Something that wasn't supposed to happen....like me! My mom found out she was pregnant with me on the way to get birth control.
Other kid: Hey, me too!

*******

During an awkward silence in clarinet class a kid blurted out, "Gay llama!" I was like, excuse me??? He told me that saying that would make the moment less awkward. He also told me that his pet rock was expecting children. His pet rock's name is Fred, so I'm not sure how that's working for him.......

*******

I walked into the back ensemble room only to find a 7th grade boy riding a stand rack like a unicorn. When we asked him why he was doing that, he said he had forgot something in his backpack. Yeah, makes total sense. About as much sense as the kid that told me he left his key signature in his locker.

AAHHHHHHH!!! At least the kids are entertaining. Only 4 days til spring break!!!!!

0 comments: