Friday, March 19, 2010

My Craft Crazy Spring Break

I have had a wonderful break! I love having so much free time to enjoy a creative process. I can't wait until the summer! I saw an idea for interchangeable flip flop straps on a craft blog I follow. I thought they were so cute so I decided I would make some for my sister. This was the most time consuming project I have done in a while. The hardest part was getting the velcro glued on the the flip flop. I'm still not quite sure it's going to stick for eternity - I guess we'll find out after Vicki test-drives them for a while. The tutorial on the blog shows to sew the ribbon on to the soft side of the velcro, but I don't have a sewing machine so instead I used an iron on fusing material that I use to fix fallen hems. It worked perfectly! Tip: If you use this method be sure to put a t-shirt over the ribbon when you iron it on, and I ironed it with the soft velcro side up. Here's what I came up with:




I also found these super cute green shoes on clearance at Target and I decided to spice them up with a flower shoe clip. I'm going to make an orange one, too. I'm going to have the most colorful feet at work!

I made these ribbon flowers for another project. Stay tuned for that one.....

I made this necklace, but I couldn't get a good picture of it because my camera stinks.

I still have two days left before 10 more weeks of nonstop band! I'm going to make the most of them and hopefully have more pictures for you in a few days!

0 comments: