Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Recipe for Comfort

I sure wish the weekdays would go by as fast as the weekends. I spent most of this weekend sleeping, mainly because of benadryl, but non-stop work might have had a little to do with it, too. When I finally woke up sometime Saturday afternoon I was starving and wanted something comforting. I found a recipe on a blog I like to read and thought it would be perfect for a rainy day. I found this recipe for Crock Pot Coq au Vin on a blog called Lick the Bowl Good. This is a great blog! I appreciate how it is not fancy, just all about making good food and telling a good little story with each recipe. This picture looks gross, but this dish was delicious.


Even though I have a crafting room don't really use it to craft in. Really, I just keep all of my junk in there and take what I need to another part of my house. I have recently turned my dining table into a jewelry making station. It seems like the more I work, the more I need this beautiful mess in my house. I have been so wound up, so overworked, and so disappointed lately that this outlet is the only thing that calms me down. The angrier and more stressed out I get, the more I want to sit at this table and escape my life. When I wasn't sleeping this weekend, I was here. And the pretty flowers on the table were on my desk when I got to work last Monday. I guess I'm not doing such a great job of hiding how down I've been, so Dean cheered me up with this surprise. They definitely made the office a lot less gloomy.


The other place I love to be is in my kitchen. I found this recipe on another foodie blog I like, flagrante delicia. This blog is fancy. The pictures are stunningly beautiful. This recipe was VERY easy. It is also VERY delicious. I can't wait to share them tomorrow at work. Basically, it's a homemade Mounds bar. What is better than chocolate and coconut? Well, chocolate and peanut butter for one, but really....not much else can top this combination.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Mounds bars!!!! Looks yummy Jennifer!

John Mackey said...

Homemade Mounds bar, please.