Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Fever

What a perfect weekend! I know that I said this last week, but it would be really great if the weekdays would go by as fast as the weekends! I often joke about how I'm ready to be at stay-at-home non-mom. Every time I say that someone comments, "Wouldn't you get bored?". The answer is simply, no. I hardly sat down at all this weekend and I still didn't get to do everything I wanted to. No, I would not get bored. It would be fantastic.

I went to the Keller Farmers Market on Saturday morning. There are vendors set up every Saturday, but I guess this was an uneventful weekend. There was only one vendor there with vegetables. Maybe in a few weeks there will be more people there to shop from. I walked around the Art House and visited a few art galleries. It was fun discovering all the little shops there.


Friday and Saturday I spent time building a little herb garden in my backyard. I planted some herbs and a few different vegetables. I have no experience in gardening and have a pretty bad track record with keeping things alive. Here's hoping for the best!


Did you know that at the Southlake Central Market they have flower bunches priced 3 for $10? I did not know this until yesterday. And the choices are beautiful! There is a good chance I'll be back next weekend for more.

I went shopping around Southlake and I was sucked in by all of the clever marketing ploys of the home decor retailers. All of the stores are covered in bright colors and I couldn't help myself! I managed to show some self restraint and only picked up a few orange and yellow plates at Crate and Barrel to compliment the green plates I already had. Pink flowers and citrus fruit helped to brighten my dining room even more!

I also made some jewelry! The yellow earrings are my new favorite. They look like sparkley lemon drops of sunshine that scream spring is in the air!


This weekend's sweet treat is another recipe from Lick the Bowl Good: Snickerdoodle Blondies. These turned out pretty good. They are not the best things I've made, but they are not the worst. They are much more cake like than fudgey, but the light cinnamon flavor is nice. They are a little crumbly much like a snickerdoodle cookie. I will have them at work tomorrow if you want to try one!


I made this stir fry for dinner tonight. It was delicious and I thought it was very pretty, so I wanted to take a picture.


1 comments:

Leah Johnson said...

Wow, Jennifer! I really like your plates and those earrings were adorable! I think I want some, too!!! I'm jealous, I want to go to the farmer's market!