Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pistachio Crusted Chicken Recipe

A lot of you have asked me for this recipe, so here ya go! The recipe is for one serving, but can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. As a single person I can only stand left overs so many times and I often waste a lot of food. That's one reason I like this dish so much. It is easy to make, it's delicious, and no leftovers! I have tried making two servings at a time then reheating one of them the next day, but it was not a good dish to reheat. This is the first time I've ever written down a recipe that I've adapted myself, so this is going to be very not-exact. Just roll with it.

Pistachio Crusted Chicken

What you need for the chicken:
olive oil
1 chicken breat
a handful of pistachios - throw in food processor or food chopper and grind up in to small pieces.
salt

What you need for the guacamole:
1/2 a small avocado
a little bit of chopped fresh cilantro
a few cherry tomatoes, diced
a little bit of shallot, diced very fine (I use this instead of a regular onion because it's sweeter, but you still get the onion flavor)
salt
a pinch of garlic powder
anything else you like if guacamole (jalapeno for a little spice, for instance)

First, preheat your oven to 365. Turn on your favorite music. I was listening to a playlist called New Year's Jamz. Dancing while you cook makes it way more fun. Next, heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan.

Dump your pistachios on a plate. Sprinkle the chicken breast with a little salt on both sides then mash it in to the nuts. Try to coat the entire thing.



Next, place your chicken in your hot pan. Let the chicken brown on each side for just a few minutes. You just want the nuts to get brown, crispy, and flavorful - it will finish cooking in the oven. After browning, place the chicken on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes.


While the chicken is in the oven, chop up what you need for your guacamole, throw it in a bowl and mash it all together.


Add a small salad with your favorite dressing and dinner is served! Very quick. Very easy. Just the way I like it! Let me know if you try this recipe and if you liked it as much as I did!


0 comments: