Monday, January 17, 2011

Not Your Ordinary Salad

Tired of having the same old salad for lunch everyday? I know I do. I was delighted to find a recipe for Vietnamese Chicken & Noodle Salad. There is a Vietnamese restaurant in Keller that we frequent when we are able to get away from school for lunch. We get the same noodle bowl very similar to this one every time! The difference here is that you don't have to feel guilty after you eat this one. The dish at the restaurant has deliciously thin, flavorful pork and two fried egg rolls so it packs way more calories than this lighter version. This recipe is light and filling. The basil adds tons of flavor while the cucumber and napa cabbage add crunch. This recipe makes four servings so I'll be having the rest for lunch throughout the week. It was a very simple meal to make! Since I will be enjoying this over several days, I packed everything in separate containers so that they dressing does not make the veggies soggy. Let me know if you try this recipe and enjoyed it as much as I did!

0 comments: