Sunday, January 23, 2011

Warm Up With a Spicy Homemade Soup on a Cold Day

Today was the perfect day for a spicy soup! I have made this soup once before and I really enjoyed it. I decided to make it again because it made a enough for several meals and I was able to freeze half of it. It tasted just as good after being defrosted. This recipe for Turkey Mole Soup is quick and easy. You only have to chop an onion and a bell pepper, brown the turkey, and the rest you dump in the pot from a can. One serving is low in calories but very filling. You can get creative with your garnishes on top, too! I like it with a squeeze of lime and some chopped cilantro. This would also be good with a little scoop of pico and sliced avocado. If you are not worried about counting calories you could add some shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Be creative to your satisfy your own taste. Try this soup while it is still cold outside and enjoy it's warmth!

0 comments: