Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Recap and Sunday Shopping

Here are some random thoughts.

Voted early with Tara. Voted for BARACK!
Went to the symphony and heard Scheherazade.
Did major grocery shopping for the first time in a month.

I hate shopping on the weekends. I don't really have a choice, though. There is no time after work to shop and cook and clean and go to bed at a decent hour. Here are the reasons why to don't like to shop during peak weekend hours:

1. People take their unruly children with them.
2. People have no regard for others around them. Let's face it people, none of us want to be at a crowded store on a Sunday afternoon. If everyone tried a little harder to be considerate then it might not be so painful!
3. People who talk on their stupid blue tooth ear thing while they are shopping. (I've got a whole other set of problems with these people!) I really thought some woman was talking to me while I was picking out bananas, but no, she was talking hands free and having a conversation that CLEARLY couldn't wait 30 minutes til she got in the car.
4. PDAs. Yes, I stood in the check out line behind a couple that were kissing and groping each other.
5. People that still write checks. Seriously? It's 2008. Run, don't walk, to your local branch and get a debit card!!

And a word about the blue tooth technology: I understand that these things are convenient and they are great to use when you are driving in the car. There is absolutely no need for you, however, to walk around with the thing in your ear. Maybe if you are a high powered executive that never stops working no matter where you are, then I can sort of understand why you would have it. BUT, if your occupation is anything other than this then YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE IT IN YOUR EAR 24/7!!!!! I mean, what does it say about society that we can't even be bothered to hold a phone to our heads anymore. And since when did you become so important that you have to take a call every minute of every day no matter where you are or what your doing? Do you really need to talk hands free while you are having ice cream with your family at Brahms? Probably not. Eat the ice cream with your family without interruption so your kids feel important and then won't feel the need to act out in my class for attention. I'm convinced that blue tooth is the root of all evil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tip: Go to the Target in NRH at Davis and N. Tarrant. It's almost always quiet, and on a "busy" day, it's like Watauga on a slow day. They never run out of the good stuff, either. Then run down to Sprouts for other essentials that Target doesn't have. Then to Kroger on Rufe Snow and North Tarrant for cheaper stuff. Trust me, I hate screaming kids with fat moms as much as you do.

Oh, and Sprouts and Kroger now recycle bags, so no more Wal-Mart!

Bluedouche. I prefer Bluedouche.

Suzanne said...

I *despise* those bluetooth things. That is why I go grocery shopping in the middle of the night during the week :) It's just me, fresh produce, and Ruby, the crazy-haired cashier. In other news, look for your package in 3-5 business days!! :)