Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Home Improvements

So, I think Natasha's color inspirations have rubbed off on me a little and I went on a shopping spree today in a vain attempt to add some color to my kitchen. I found some super cute stuff and now I really want to do some other stuff, too! I got a new "curtain". It needs to be hemmed because it is too long and probably cut up the middle to let the sunlight in. (Maybe if I ask nicely then a good friend that lives close by and knows how to sew will help me!)




Here are a few new things from the shopping trip. I'm going to hang the canvas pictures some where else and I need some more fake limes to fill up the rest of the vase.


I've been seriously thinking about painting my cabinets black lately. I uploaded my picture to a program that lets you paint on your photo. So here's what my kitchen would look like with black cabinets. I would have to repaint (again) to lighten up the walls and I would add some silver hardware to all of the cabinets to dress it up. I also want to add a tile backsplash to the wall in the picture.....probably a tile that is glass. I can see it in my head! I have to say that I really love the black cabinets! Am I crazy?

2 comments:

Matt said...

dude the black cabinets are hot. go for it.

Anonymous said...

I can see your vision! Especially with the green accents. Black cabinets are cute tranny and a hot mess! :)