Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How To Make Your Crappy Day Better

Or in my case - your crappy week.

1. Turn off cell phone. (If there is an emergency, people know your other number).
2. Dive into a good book. (Started reading Eat, Pray, Love)
3. Treat yourself to a nice dinner. (The book I'm reading talks about Italian food A LOT so I was sorta craving it. Went to try Jason's Pizzeria and Pasta on Heritage Trace across from Central High. It was delicious!!!! I had the cappellini pomodora and that was hands down the best plate of pasta I've had in a long time! I highly recommend it.)
4. Treat yourself to some dessert. (After dinner I headed over to Cafe Dolce for some Italian ice cream. They will let you sample any flavor, but the only one I ever get is the chocolate hazelnut. It's like eating whipped frozen nutella. To die for.)
5. Tune your radio to the station that plays all of the guilty pleasure adult contemporary early 90's music that you never admit to actually liking and turn it up really loud and sing all the way home.
6. Crawl in bed under a cozy electric blanket and continue reading the good book from step 2.

The only thing that could make me more happy right now is to wake up tomorrow, find out that it actually DID get cold and rainy enough to ice the roads over and Dr. Vietenheimer calls off school tomorrow. If this doesn't happen I'll be repeating my little 6 step program again tomorrow.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just started Eat Pray Love yesterday- it's super fabulous so far- good times! AND I ordered a Kindle from Amazon today to feed my book addiction- it's on their frontpage- it looks awesome and, as an admitted book addict, I decided that I could justify the expensive price tag for all the money I'll make up later. Hope tomorrow is super and I'll talk to you soon!