Monday, June 2, 2008

Can't Sleep....Thoughts.......

Wow - it's June and we are still in school. This is very bizarre. Tomorrow is the last day with the kids and luckily we only have one class. I am very much looking forward to having the summer to do stuff. I've got so much planned:
-finish painting the office/craft room
-caulk and paint the crown molding
-repaint the kitchen
-put together a giant shelving system for the dining room
-get a dog
-plan for next year
-plant a tree in the front yard
-have lots of craft nights with Natasha!
-go on vacation!!! been researching Toronto lately......
-learn how to be a pastry chef!


I spent the weekend trying to reflect on some positive things in my life. I tried to focus on things that I am good at and things that I enjoy. My job provides me with certain freedoms that I have not always had the luxury of, such as two uninterrupted months of vacation and financial stability. These two things together help me explore lots of other things that I really enjoy doing, but don't get to much time to during the hustle and bustle of the school year. Things like fun cooking (not survival cooking, which is what I normally do), all the little creative projects I like to work on with Tasha, and decorating my house. I like to investigate new music and find lesser known artists that don't sell out to pop culture. Anything that allows me to be creative, I'm in! I really like having other things to occupy my time besides band. I want to be good at my job - I want to be damn good at my job - but I want to have other things to enrich my life. I feel I need other outlets in order to be a well rounded person. I have more to say......I'm just not sure how to put things into words right now......I'm not really sure how to say what I'm feeling tonight. Perhaps I will be a bit more eloquent after some sleep........
I want more in my life than band! Is that such a crime?

0 comments: