Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ahhhh, Nostalgia

I was listening to the songs on the Lumberjack Marching Band's myspace page just a moment ago. I wish I'd known at the time that college marching band was one of the best things I was ever going to do. I guess I'm far enough removed from it that I don't remember the sweltering heat, the mosquito infested leadership camps, and the 8am game day practices. All I remember now is all of the cool people, the fun parties, and the away games. Remember the trip to New Orleans fall of 98? Remember when it rained so bad at that game we ended up not wearing uniforms but wearing ponchos instead? That was one of the best trips. Remember all the fights we'd get in with the drunk spectators every time we went to Louisiana? I remember watching Amanda Dickson punch the Northwestern Demon in the head. So many memories. Just felt really nostalgic for a minute.........can't wait to see the Lumberjack Band again soon!

0 comments: