Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Week in a Nutshell

My sister and Abby came to visit me this week. We had a lot of fun hanging out with the Surfaces and the Smiths. I sang Itsy Bitsy Spider about 73 times and learned the theme song to Dora the Explorer. We were out shopping one day and stopped at Michael's to get some stuff for our craft project. While we were paying, Abby just plopped herself into this basket and took off her shoes. It was really cute and one of the few pictures I got of her smiling.

This is her Dora movie star look.
I spent the rest of the week working with Dean on our upcoming band camp and parent information meeting. I like to call this meeting "Band for Dummies". We decided we were going to have to have this meeting for our 6th grade parents after a series of events last year. I can't tell you how many times we heard, "What do you mean my kid has to play in a concert?" Well what do you think we do in band? We play concerts. Hopefully people will know what is going on after we spell it out in big purple crayon for them. The highlight of my week was a surprise visit from my retirement investment financial guy on Friday. He stopped by the office on Friday morning to say hi. No, I'm not that excited about my 403b - it's just that this guy is so dreamy and nice and polite and I blush every time he walks in the door. He's the only single guy I usually see - ever - so it always brightens my day when he pops in.

I started a new scarf today. I found this cute pink yarn at Michael's and thought it would make a great scarf. I had to give up on my blue one because I had jacked it all up. I think that this one is going to be much better. And since I'm thinking about going to Boston over Thanksgiving, this will be a nice addition to my very limited winter wardrobe.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Look how *fabulous* your scarf looks!! I'm so proud of my friend :)

Anonymous said...

Cute niece and cute scarf!