Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wasting Time on Saturday

Today was the stupid fall region meeting. It was hands downs the most pointless region 2 meeting I've been to yet. I'm just so unimpressed with the people running the region and I wish we could vote them out, but if we even thought about nominating someone else we would probably have a mutiny on our hands. I feel like we are still in 1962 and clearly we are not! Example: in every other region in Texas, all of the schools draw lotto balls with numbers to figure out what order we will play at concert contest. At last year's fall meeting we were told by the executive director of the region (who incidentally looks like jolly ol St. Nick) that he would be picking the order of the performances. Of course everyone one from Keller was appalled and he told us "big city folk" to just settle down because it wasn't fair for a small school to have to play after a school from a big district like ours. That's fine and all if he thinks that, but this region is a democracy and we didn't vote to give him that "executive privilege" to keeps things "fair". (Does this sound familiar to anyone?) So basically, the rules don't apply to our region since we have some many good ol boy band directors that just want to do things the way the were done 40 years ago. I swear, if we had a state wide contest to see which region had the most morons in it, Region 2 would win every chair in the band - hands down, no contest! At any rate - we threw a big fit about the performance order process and we got to draw this year. Needless to say, I was not excited about spending my last Saturday of the summer listening to a bunch old Santa looking good ol boys tell us how they did it in the sixties. Luckily we had a fun carpoool:


Jennifer was our driver. She did a good job and didn't get us lost. Hang a lucky at the sign!

Delaina sat in the back with me. She looked very cute with her Paris Hilton sunglasses.

Hurricane Dean will be a Category 4 later today and destroying a southern Texas town near you later this week.

This is my dinner that Tara made for me on Friday night. It was so yummy!!!! I need the recipe. Great dinner, Tara!

Here is my bumper crop of tomatoes that I harvested today. There are more tomatoes growing, so it is possible that I will get to harvest more in a few weeks.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay for tomatoes! Glad you are more successful with your green thumb than I am :)