Monday, August 6, 2007

Knitting Thoughts

I am really enjoying my new hobby of knitting. I think that maybe I find the repetitive movements very soothing. At some point during my knitting today, I recalled an episode of Grey's Anatomy in which Meredith decides that she is swearing off men and decides to knit a sweater instead. Hmmm. She's not that much older than me. I can't really become that cynical about dating yet. I'm not that dark and twisty, am I? And if I recall correctly, she ended up getting back together with McDreamy anyway. Of course, unlike Meredith, here in the real world I don't have two ridiculously dashing men chasing after me. (at least I don't think I do). If McDreamy came to me with those eyes and professed his love to me I would give up on knitting that sweater, too. But it is not coming to that with me, right? Besides, I'm not knitting a sweater. I'm knitting a scarf.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I find it soothing too- I can sit there and knit, and sort out my thoughts- kinda like therapy without the annoying therapist :)

Anonymous said...

Knitting is fun