Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to Work

Back to the ole 9 to 5 today. Except it was more like 8 to 8. Yep, nothing like a 12 hour day to kick off the new year. I'm hoping that these kind of days are kept to a minimum this year. I got to come home for lunch, so that helped to break the day up a little. There was no time for dinner, so I got to eat left overs at Dean's. His left overs are much better than mine ever thought they could be. He wins the left over food contest. I win everything else. I put my bumper crop of tomatoes to use today and made this yummy salad of tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and olive oil. Delicious and fun to look at:

My scarf is coming along nicely. I hope to have it finished soon.
I think this is going to be a good year. I feel like we have more control over stuff this year. And since I'm sort of a control freak (yes, I'll admit it) I think that will be a better thing for us. This year has to be better. It has to be. I won't make it in public education if this year is not better. We are starting the year with music stands, bassoons, euphoniums, percussion equipment, and metronomes so we are already ahead of last year! Only time will tell......

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your scarf is coming along very nicely!! :) Now you can be like that girl on the cover of 'I Can't Believe I'm Knitting'! I'll give you a call tonight to give you the latest news :) Stay out of trouble!