Friday, July 27, 2007

Coffee Shop Thoughts

I am currently at my favorite coffee shop, River Nile Coffee, to get some work done. I can't work at the office because it is 90 degrees there and I can't work at home because I keep finding other things to do. So, I come here for the great lattes, free WiFi, and quiet atmosphere. Well, til now anyway. There is this annoying kid jumping from couch to couch, screaming all the while, and basically ruining everyone's coffee shop experience. There are no less than 7 people here with laptops that look like they mean business. I realize that this is not the library, but can you please control your kid???? If you don't want to supervise them while you socialize over your coffee, then get a freakin' babysitter. That's all I'm saying. People always say that your own kids won't annoy you when they act like typical kids. I think that is true until they learn how to walk and talk. After that, all bets are off. Mark that down as reason number 458 as to why I'm not looking to procreate: No more quiet coffee shop time. Though, if it were my kid, they wouldn't be running around acting like a jack ass either. I'm just saying.........

0 comments: