Monday, July 30, 2007

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

So lately I've been having trouble getting a full night's sleep. I can usually fall asleep easily, but something always wakes me up. I usually have to pee at least once during the night. Lately, though, the problem has been crickets. Yes, crickets. I had this problem when I lived in Keller. These crickets would get in between the bricks on my porch and chirp to no end. The volume was what I couldn't get over. It was like they were giant mutant insects with indestructible exoskeletons that would not succumb to the mass amounts of bug poison that I would find myself spraying on them at 3 in the morning so I could get some sleep. Now they are back. They chirp so loud that they wake me up out of a dead sleep at least 6 nights a week. I need to know how to get rid of them. Anyone have any tips?

It was a huge problem last night because I was having a dream that I was on a date with John Krasinski and it was going really well. He was really into me. (No one tell Zach, though, because he gets very jealous). And just before he walks me to my door - the stupid cricket right outside my window starts squealing like an angry hyena and wakes me from my slumber. I don't often get to have dreams about dating cute celebrities, so I'd really like it if they weren't interrupted. I've got to kill the crickets!!!

0 comments: